Here is a glimpse into the circus life. (This might serve as a warning to anyone thinking of running off to join the circus.)
Gaerte to English translation.
"I can do it all by myself!!" means:"I am three years-old."
Mongo: Term of endearment, though not exactly a compliment. It refers to a person acting less than smart. Scott is Mongo, I am Mongo Wife, Emilia is Mongo, Callan is Mongo Jr. Jem is Mongo Aunt, Skyla is Mongo Niece.
Monster Truck Rally: This is the name I sometimes call my children, to avoid calling them monsters. In my messed up mind I feel like they may not need as much therapy for this nick name. (Minor siblings, this is a kin to Mom calling her babysitting kids "Bird Heads", because Dad thought calling them "Bird brain" was mean.)
"Do work Son": This is at once a noun and a verb. It is used most often to refer to what you do in a coloring or a work book. It is also what Dada does at Starbucks. Tractors and construction workers are also called; "Do work Sons". When we pass the construction on our street Emilia will ask "Mom, where are all the Do work Sons?" (This came from the MTV show Rob and Big. Two things about this show: One, it is so funny and worth watching at least once. Two, please do not tell my parents that I watch MTV.)
ChichiCaca: This is of course, Sleeping Beauty. (Everyone knows this.)
Milky: Milk consumed by Emilia only from a Nuby sippy cup. It is her reason for living.
"I have a great idea!": This is Emilia's not so subtle way of warning us that she is about to try to manipulate us in some genius way.
"The UriNation": This refers to what Emilia smells like when she wakes up.
"Double Macaroni": This is any pasta dish that is not Mac and Cheese.
This is all I can think of right now but I will add more as they come up.
Still Editing...
17 years ago
10 comments:
Skyla would like you to add "DO work dauhter" seriously she said.
are you sure double macaroni isn't just a way of saying "not package food"
LOVE THIS! It looks like we could all have our own section in "Mom's Dictionary". What about "That makes me die...with X's in my eyes!"
oh yeah-the bird brain thing was so funny! what about "can I come over and hang out?": Can I come over eat your food and complain that you don't have anything good to eat! :)
and you are a mean blog boss for making fun of all my canyon pics
where are all the posts? this is really funny stuff?!
can I add "Rolph" English? According to Jen: "Whip Flash" - what you get when you slam on the brakes.
Well, it does happen very fast! One might even say in a "Flash".
thanks for the support Candis...you can't live anything down around her. Canoli dip will always follow you like whip flash does me!
I was supporting you. Kind of. And yes, I will never live down the Canoli Dip. Miss you guys!!!
oh ya, the canoli dip...!
just to clarify to all I meant here not her. Candis was supporting me!
Post a Comment