Thursday, April 23, 2009

She is trying to kill me...


My conversation with my 4 year-old today:

"Mom, when I am big like you will I get to do whatever I want?" "Yes and no. I get to make a lot of choices for myself, but I still have rules." "Like what?" "Well, I have to work hard to make sure my family is clean and well fed. I have to make sure my husband and my children are happy." Long pause...

"What kind of husband should I have when I get older?" "I think you should choose a husband that is kind and honest and strong." "Well, I am going to need you to help me pick a husband like that."
"I would love to help you with that. Besides I am very good at that. That is the exact kind of husband I picked." Longer pause...

"Hey, my daddy is like that!"

I wrote this post more for the benefit of my beautiful daughter as she sets about finding a husband. (30 years from now, I hope.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so priceless! What a good mommy you are!

Rolph Family said...

That is too cute!

Meg said...

how funny!