Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No-Bake Cookies (Yes Bakes)

This is for Jen Rolph. But anyone can use this. It is always a crowd pleaser. But a word of caution; try it first a couple of times to get the hang of it before you take the show on the road. It reacts different in different places.

2 cups of Sugar
3 Tbls Cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 cube margarine
pinch of salt

****Bring this to a rolling boil and allow to boil for EXACTLY ONE MIN. Use your kitchen timer for this. They will not set if you go too long or too short. (That's what she said.)

Remove from burner and add:

1 tea Vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oats.

Drop on wax paper. I use my little scoop so they all come out the same. (My OCD.)
Enjoy.

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you! And I appreciate the Office humor!

Tenney Family said...

these are also tenderly known in our home as "poopy cookies"!
WHAT IS A KITTY GARAGE?!!!??!

ryanminor said...

Oh and dont forget(Dana) that after you make them you put them under your bed because you dont wont everyone to chow down on them so fast, But then you forget they are there and dont find them for a few months or maybe years later. I wont mention any name (DANA)to protect their ananimity.

Gaerte Family said...

Ouch!!! But how did Dana have time to make cookies when she was doing ALL the dishes because the boys didn't have to since they were going to serve missions.

Tenney Family said...

hey, what is mom doing making a comment on ryan's blog name??!

Anonymous said...

I think I should just stay out of the "no bake" comments. I think they are great-even though Candis only make them for my sister, Heatehr.

ryanminor said...

I dont remember any of the girls ever doing dishes.....hmmmm

Tenney Family said...

hmmmmm?........i wonder if i had served a mission....would i still have had to do the dishes. less time doing dishes.....more time to make and hide cookies!!! i think i will keep this mission/no dishes philosophy tradition alive in my home....excuse me for a sec................PAIGE GET YOUR BUTT IN THE KITCHEN AND DO THE DISHES NOW...YOUR BROTHERS ARE GOING ON MISSIONS IN 5,7,11, AND 13 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!

ryanminor said...

See what you started Candice!! :)

Tenney Family said...

mmmm....those must be some good cookies!! who'd have thought cookies could create such drama?!

Gaerte Family said...

I am trying not to be bitter that I go 9 comments on this post for cookies and 3 on the post with the beautiful picture of my Daughter. Way to go Minors!!! I actually love the banter. I love my siblings and the funny crap that comes from our family.

rose said...

i am ever in debt to your family (minors) to introducing me to these cookies. it's serious trouble to make these. i gain 5 lbs just thinking about them....

Josh said...

I couldn't find the recipe for Canoli dip...also, do the "no bakes" transfer well in the car?

Gaerte Family said...

Josh,
You better watch yourself. Ohhhh....Revenge!

Gaerte Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

Does vaccinating cause studdering? Haha- just kidding of course. I miss your no-bakes (acutally, I think they should be call "partial-bakes" if we were being accurate).

Anonymous said...

for real...i can't believe you published this without letting me know. what incentive to I have to drive to C. Rock now?

aw