Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mother of the Year 2008!!!

Today is my official launch date for my campaign for Mother of the Year. I lost last year by a land slide to the mom that left her child alone with a "Magic Eraser" sponge. (Then, sent out an an annoying forward email about it with half naked pictures of her child.)
This year I am confident that I will win.
Here are a few of my platforms...: (Well really just stories as proof that I deserve to win.)

A few weeks ago I was upstairs dressing Callan for the day. Emilia Jo was down finishing her breakfast. I called down to her that she needed to finish up and come get dressed. She shouted up to me, "I'M GOING TO!!!!!" I ran downstairs and got in Emilia's face and told her to never speak to me that way again, that she must always be respectful. (Okay so that was the general idea, I am sure it was not so nice at the time.)
When we were getting our shoes on to leave the house she said, "Mama, I am sorry...". In my head I was thinking; wow she is really sorry, she understands that she needs to be respectful and kind. The she finished her statement with, "I am sorry that you shouted at me."

A few weeks after Callan was born I went to pick Emilia up from preschool. I was waiting in the hall with the other mothers when Emilia saw me over the half door. She said, "Hi Mama, you put my shirt on backwards!!!" A little embarrassed in front of the other moms, I just said something like, "...well you are lucky that I remembered to put your shirt on at all today." When I got in the room to collect her things, her teacher mentioned that she didn't have socks on with her sneakers either. Yea, not my best day.

Now, I haven't kicked my toddler in the face while working out and I have not left my newborn in her car seat in the garage and driven away. But, I think this is a good start to my reign as Mother of the year.

7 comments:

Meg said...

Haha, I'm sorry you shouted at me. She's got wit and she's only 3!

Anonymous said...

That was great.

Cousin patty

Anonymous said...

first-no need to drag Dana and I with you-we can hold our own for mother of the year! Second-so funny!! third-love the new picture at the top!!

ryanminor said...

You crack me up sis! I love kids and how the teach us Christ like attributes almost every day of our lives.

the splendid life of us... said...

Before I even read the post and just saw the title I was already cracking up and thinking this is gonna be good! And you didnt dissapoint! I love the new picture at the top, but someone is missing in it (I know how that goes!) And I love the new picture of Callan off to the side, so cute!

Jennifer said...

I also love the new picture! I second what Brenley said, as soon as I read the title I knew where you were going with it and I had quite the laugh! Can't wait to see you guys again this summer!

Tenney Family said...

when do i have to come clean that i'm the one that left my newborn daughter in her carseat in the garage? it wasn't until i arrived at my destination that i realized there was no baby to put in the stroller. that was a long 15 min drive home!! so...now that i've been "outed" lets try to keep it on the D.L.

love the pic on top....i wish i had a way cool blog like you!